3-5pm, Monday 22 June 2021 [Register below]
The Cyber Academy is creating a new Digital Forensics Society. Initial points for debate include:
- Pushing forward digital forensics and incident response as a professional practice.
- Integrate professionals, from law enforcement, the public sector, business and academia, in other to share ideas.
- Becoming a place where professionals can debate the key topics of the day.
- Enabling collaboration and around innovation and enterprise.
- Integrating with national and international funding streams for organisations.
- Integrating practice with undergraduate and postgraduate students, especially across Higher and Further Education.
- Defining standards around ethics, proceedures, education and training.
Meet Up and Scoping
The agenda is as followed:
3-3:15pm Introductions and Scope, Bill Buchanan.
3:15-3:35pm The need for a British digital forensics society and possible structure. Vassilis.
3:35-3:45pm Digital Forensics and Incident Response in the Finance Sector, Jack Charlton.
3:45-4pm. Challenges of Digital Forensics, Bruce.
4-4:10pm. East of Scotland Cyber hub, Eammon.
4:10-5pm. Open Discussions. Structure. Dissemination. Training. Accreditation (BCS, IISP, IET), Enterprise Funding, Academic Study, Horizon 2020 funding, Law Society integration.
The first meeting of the Digital Forensics and Incident Response Society will be 3-5pm, Monday 22 June 2021, in the Glass Room, Merchiston, 10 Colinton Road, Edinburgh. You can register your interest in joining the society here: