The Cyber Academy Presents Participant Terms and Conditions
1.1 Any reference in these Terms and Conditions to any provision of a statute shall be construed as a reference to that provision as amended, re-enacted or extended at the relevant time.
1.2 The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
1.3 Where the context dictates in these Terms and Conditions, the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and any gender includes the other gender.
2. INTRODUCTION TO EVENT
2.1 The Cyber Academy provides a link between Organisers of events and persons wishing to attend those events. Organisers publish events on the Website which You can register to attend.
3. LEGAL RELATIONSHIP WITH PARTICIPANTS
3.1 These Terms and Conditions apply when You register with Us as a participant on an event and make any required payment to attend or participate in events published on the Website (subject to any restrictions imposed by Organisers). These Terms and Conditions, govern Your use of the Website and the Services as a participant. By using the Website You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are only available in English.
3.2 These Terms and Conditions constitute a distance contract for the purposes of the Regulations. We will begin to provide the Services to You upon Your registration as a participant and by clicking to submit Your registration, You accept that You will not be able to cancel any contract entered into between us during any “cooling off” period under the Regulations.
4. RELATIONSHIP WITH EVENT ORGANISERS
4.1 We provide The Cyber Academy to Organisers and We will not charge You for using the Services. All bookings or orders in relation to an event will be directly between You and the Organiser.
4.2 When You register to attend an Organiserâ€™s event and, where applicable, make the appropriate payment through the Website, You will enter into a contract with the Organiser in respect of the event. By registering with an event, You accept the Organiserâ€™s terms and conditions applicable to the event. We therefore recommend that You familiarise yourself with the Organiserâ€™s terms and conditions applicable to an event(s) prior to registration.
4.3 We operate the Services on behalf of Organiser and do not operate any aspects of the event itself. Accordingly You accept that We:
- have no control over and are not responsible for any aspect of the events including, without limitation, their quality, content or whether the event is legal or takes place as scheduled;
- accept no liability for the refund of any fees or charges paid in relation to any events, such as if an event is cancelled, postponed or otherwise does not take place as scheduled;
- accept no liability for any damage or loss incurred by participants as a result of any acts or omissions of an Organiser, and any issues in relation to an event should be taken up directly with the relevant Organiser.
5.1 There is no cost to Your registration for this event.
6. CHECKING YOUR REGISTRATION AND CORRECTING ERRORS
6.1 We recommend that You check the Order Confirmation email as soon as possible to ensure the booking details are correct.
6.2 If the Order Confirmation does not conform with the registration You made, please notify the event host/organiser immediately. Where possible, they will amend Your event registration as requested. Alternatively, You may cancel an event registration by contacting the event host/organiser.
7. EVENT CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
7.1 The Organiser is responsible for any change it makes to an event. If an event is cancelled, postponed or otherwise changed, the Organiser of the event is responsible for informing You of any such change by email.
7.2 We will publish any changes to events notified to us by Organisers on the Website.
7.3 In the event that an event is cancelled or You wish to cancel Your registration for an event, Your right to claim a refund is subject to Your legal rights and Your contract with the Organiser. We do not process refunds and any claim for a refund should be made directly to the Organiser.
7.4 All queries in relation to an event should be addressed directly to the Organiser of the event.
8. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS
8.1 By registering as a participant on an event and using the Website, You agree that You will:
- comply with these Terms and Conditions at all times;
- use the Website (or any part of it) in accordance with all relevant laws and shall not use it for any illegal purpose;
- not upload or transmit through the Website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer; or (ii) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- not use the Website in a manner which (i) may cause the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the Website is in any way impaired or (ii) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, confidentiality or privacy rights); and
- not create or publish a hypertext link to any part of the Website or attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component of the Website.
8.2 If You choose or if We provide You with a password or other information for security procedures, You should treat any such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. You are responsible for any persons who access the Website through Your username and password. We therefore advise that You keep such details confidential.
9. OUR RIGHTS
9.1 We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the event(or any part of it) with or without notice to You and You confirm that We shall not be liable to You or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the event; and/or
- change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of the Website (or any part of it) following such change shall be deemed to be Your acceptance of such change. It is Your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms and Conditions have been changed. If You do not agree to any change to the Terms and Conditions then You must immediately stop using the Website;
10. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
10.1 We respect Your Personal Data and shall deal with it in accordance with Our Privacy Statement.
10.2 We may file personal information relating to You so that We may fulfill Our obligations to You and for internal administrative use, for example, so that We may improve the Services offered. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1988, We act as a data processor on behalf of the Organiser, who is the data controller.
10.3 We will not supply any information to third parties or send direct advertising to You without Your express permission. Your personal information will only be supplied to others when:
- You have agreed that this can be done, or
- when this is necessary in order to complete Your transaction, or
- when required to do so by applicable legislation.
11.4 Where You provide Us with personal information in relation to any other participant, You are responsible for and warrant to Us that You have obtained consent from such individual to provide Us with their personal information.
11.1 We do not verify information placed on the Website by Organisers and We make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to the accuracy of any information on the Website.
11.2 Access to the Website is on an “as is” basis and We give no further warranties, express, implied or statutory including, but without limitation, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose of the Website or the availability of the Website and We shall be under no liability for any downtime or malfunction of the Website. No warranty is given that the Website and its contents are free from infection by viruses or anything else which have or might have contaminating or destructive properties.
11.3 If You breach these Terms and Conditions, We may withdraw or suspend Your access to the Services and/or Your Account and reserve the right to take any legal action We deem appropriate.
11.4 Subject to clause 12.7, We accept no liability for any errors in material published on the Website including, without limitation, event details published on the Website.
11.5 Any contract You enter into through the Website to attend or participate in an event (for example, where You buy a ticket to attend an event), is between You and the Organiser of the event. We shall not be liable for any breach of such agreement between You and the Organiser, however caused.
11.6 Subject to clause 11.5, We will not be liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for:
- any economic losses (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special or indirect or consequential losses, howsoever arising; and
in any case whether or not such losses were within the contemplation of either of us at the date on which the event giving rise to the loss occurred.
11.7 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit Our liability for fraud, death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence or that of Our servants, agents or employees, or any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited. Where You use the Services as a Consumer, nothing in this clause 13 shall affect Your statutory rights.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
12.1 You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the design, content and arrangement of the Website (including, without limitation, its text and graphics, all software compilations or underlying source code, and all other material on the Website) shall remain at all times owned by Us or Our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only for the purpose of receiving the benefit of the Services or as otherwise expressly authorised by Us.
12.2 You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for Your personal non-commercial use only. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
12.3 You may download and/or print off a single copy of extracts of the Website when We invite You to do so.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by any competent authority or a court of law to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between You and Us relating to the provision of the Services and supersedes all prior agreements, arrangements and undertakings between You and Us relating to the Services and/or Participant.co.uk and You agree that You have not relied upon and You will have no remedy in respect of any untrue representation innocently or negligently made by or on behalf of Us other than as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit Our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation. By agreeing to attend this event you have agreed to paint your face as a clown - yes just like eve - and put on a clowns outfit and parade up and down the high street. All other commands that We request will also be agreed to, and we require to do this on a continual basis. You also agree for us to collect all your data and pass it on to whoever will pay a fee for it.
The parties will act in good faith to try resolve any dispute that may arise in relation to the Services.
16. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms and Conditions and the Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England in the English language. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. TELEPHONE CALLS
It is Our policy to advise You that telephone calls You make to Us may be recorded. This is for Your protection and is used for Our internal training.
If you have any further requires or concerns regarding The Cyber Academy presents… please email email@example.com.